Electronic locks Uhlmann und Zacher
Traditional doors locked with a key are slowly being replaced by more modern electronic locks. This is dictated primarily by safety and convenience. Card locks can record who entered the room and at what time. In addition, the key is easy to duplicate, while the ability to block cards or change the PIN code makes it easier to control who has access to a given place. In terms of convenience, one magnetic card is more convenient to carry than a bunch of keys.
Modern and intelligent door locks
The door locks produced today are getting smarter. A smart lock can open the door by itself when we are carrying a heavy object and we do not have a free hand. Smart door locks can also better control who enters or leaves a room. Connected memory can save not only the time of each opening, but also can record an unauthorized attempt to enter (inactive card, wrong pin code). Due to the large number of advantages, the electronic lock is more and more often found mainly in offices and workplaces.
Card or code locks for every office
Controlling the movement of employees in offices and workplaces is necessary due to the existence of rooms with important and sensitive data. The card lock allows you to grant the appropriate access authorizations to each employee separately. In the event of a change of position, there is no problem with blocking the card or changing its permissions. This makes it easy to control who has access to particularly important data. What information could it be?
- personal data (protected by the GDPR),
- confidential documents and important contracts,
Electronic door locks allow you to protect this type of important data against unauthorized persons. It is also the fulfillment of the guidelines on the protection of personal data.
Another use for smart locks
Electronic door locks can be used not only in the office and workplace. Also used are:
- -In hotels, where they are increasingly replacing traditional doors with keys. It is a more convenient solution for guests, which increases the attractiveness of the accommodation. The security benefits are also important.
- -In public utility buildings to block access to rooms for employees (code locks are most often used).
- -In homes and apartments where they can facilitate movement (automatic opening). You can also find electronic locks for external doors.
- -At the entrances to housing estates, entrances to blocks and parking lots. It is an easy way to prevent accidental and unauthorized persons who do not have purchased access (residents or their relatives) from appearing in these areas.
Card or code locks are a convenient alternative and a modern solution, which certainly favors the spread of this method of opening the door. This is also achieved by reducing prices and greater availability of smart locks.
How does an electronic lock work
There are several solutions to the operation of a code or magnetic card lock. It is always possible to open the door with a code or card. There are also system solutions where authorization opens several doors. An electronic lock can also work differently after a given person passes. One will remain open, the other will lock immediately. In more advanced solutions, you can leave the door unlocked until the first opening (for example, when someone is to come as guests).
Advantages of electronic door locks
Modern solutions in the field of magnetic card or code locks have many advantages, thanks to which they are becoming so popular.
- -Block access to sensitive data and important documents.
- -Make it easy to assign and take permissions to individuals.
- -Cards cannot be redeemed, which increases control over who can enter.
- -Using electronic door lock systems is a completely new possibility (opening several locks with one authorization, etc.).
- -Convenience. Instead of carrying a keychain, all you need to do is remember the code or carry a magnetic card that fits in your wallet.
Electronic lock - types
Several types of electronic locks are currently available. Card and code locks are the most popular solutions, however, a WiFi lock and Smart models can also be used. What are the different types?
It is the oldest solution in electronic locks, but very effective, so it is still widely used. In order to get inside, it is enough to enter the appropriate code using the available keyboard. The codes can be changed easily for added security. This solution works best in a place where there will be a lot of authorized people to enter (e.g. blocks of flats or housing estates).
A card lock is immediately associated with hotels and offices. Currently, it is also gaining popularity in the case of single-family houses. In order to open the door, it is enough to present the card to the reader. There are also used key rings or "stones", i.e. small, round elements that can be attached to the keys.
Today, a smartphone is a basic device that we use almost all the time. Thanks to WiFi locks, you can also open the door with it. All you need to do is pair the device properly, and when you get closer to the house, run the application and authorize the entrance.
Smart biometric lock
Smart locks have a special fingerprint scanner. Usually, as many as 200 patterns can be stored in their memory, which provides access to a wide group of people. It is one of the most secure systems because authorization can only be done in person by placing your finger on the reader.
Remote control locks
There are also smart remote controlled door locks. The lock is unlocked by pressing the appropriate button on the remote control, which allows you to open the door from a distance of several meters. It is a solution used especially in intelligent homes.
Installation and maintenance of electronic locks
Depending on the type of door, the main elements of the electronic lock can be mounted in the door or on the wall. The remote control signal receiver is mounted inside the apartment on the wall. The fingerprint reader is more often located on the door. In the case of a card lock, the receiver can be surface mounted next to the door or in the door leaf itself.
The smart lock requires electricity. This is often associated with the appropriate design of the installation, so that there is a place to connect the lock near the door. The wires should also be led to the door lock itself. Electronic door locks can also be equipped with a battery, but it is used to power the device in the event of a power failure.
Card or code locks also require proper maintenance. The most important activities in this regard are:
- -Checking the hardware components for wear and stability. They are responsible for the security of the system.
- -All moving parts should be lubricated with technical grease at least once a year. By the way, it is worth checking the operation of the lock in both electric and mechanical modes.
- -Every three months lubrication for the ratchet pin is required.
- -Washing and cleaning of the lock should be done with the help of neutral cleaning agents that do not contain abrasive particles. Otherwise, rust may appear on it over time.
- -To protect electronic components from damage, only dry clean them.
By following these rules, you can significantly extend the life of your door lock and ensure its proper functioning.
How to choose a card or code door lock?
What to consider when choosing a magnetic card or code lock? First of all, the place where it is to be mounted. If a lot of different people pass through a given entrance, code locks are better. This will reduce the costs needed to prepare a large number of magnetic cards. On the other hand, a card door lock will work well in the aisles that are often used. It is a faster way to authorize. Fingerprint doors should be used in rooms containing the most important and confidential information. The price of the solution will also be an important factor when choosing.
Are there also electronic locks for entrance doors?
In the case of electronic locks for external doors, the highest protection must be ensured. Until recently, there were five security classes, including three anti-burglary (A, B and C). However, this classification is slowly being replaced by more complex code. It contains as many as 11 items denoting individual parameters. In the case of external doors, the seventh position will be important. The number there indicates the degree of security. The higher it is, the better. Class 4 to 7 doors can be considered anti-burglary.
The best locks for a magnetic card and code
Electronic locks are increasingly replacing traditional keyed doors. This is primarily related to the convenience of use. The prices of these solutions are now more affordable, which further increases their popularity.
Our products have been made with the greatest care, thanks to which they ensure high security in terms of access not only to office rooms, but also to other types of interiors.